|Job Ref:||204696278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£22000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||27/09/2016 04:06|
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (part of the Brewster Pratap Group) are working with a Sheffield based market research business as they look to recruit someone with a steel sales background.
You will ensure sufficient coverage of each market and product within the client's existing publications.
This will include
* Developing new research contacts by phone, as well as attending conferences, for existing and potentially new publications.
* Build relationships with key contacts within the steel industry for the collection of monthly steel prices and market conditions. You will present your research findings in report format, as well as verbal briefings.
* You will use your knowledge, experience and research to support the team in producing its regular reports. As the team work to strict deadlines, it is essential that you can manage and plan your work effectively.
* To be successful you must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. You will be comfortable working as part of a team, as well as working independently.
* Assist with ad-hoc analysis of data.
* Assist with new marketing campaigns.
* Respond to client request for information on steel sector developments, orally, via email and through PowerPoint presentations where necessary.
* Identifying new opportunities for both existing and new products.
* Prepare for conferences by providing research and background information on companies attending.
* Provide support to colleagues in periods of absence.
* It will be important for you to keep up to date with price and market related news for all regions.
* The successful candidate will be in a position to develop within the company.
You will have prior work experience and knowledge of the steel industry.
Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Confident with communicating and initiating conversations with research contacts and customers alike.
Have a commercial awareness.
You will be fluent in English.
You will be able to interpret market and price information, making sense of large sets of information.
Curiosity and tenacity to learn and collect steel price and market information is a vital characteristic.
Good working knowledge of MS Office suite.
Understanding economics would be advantageous, but not essential.
publications, online commentaries and press releases.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking company who like to reward their staff and promote from within. It is also a great opportunity for someone with a Steel Sales background to utilise their experience within a market that has suffered significantly in the last couple of years.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment