|Job Ref:||204696036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Qatar||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||27/09/2016 04:06|
Role: Project Manager|
Location: Doha, Qatar
Salary: QAR 70,000 per month (Tax free) + car
Reports to and assists the Operations Manager for delivery of a group of projects within a geographical area.
* Managing the delivery of a group of projects on a major programme of highways and infrastructure development works
* Provide support to the Project Managers to facilitate delivery of construction, coordinating logistics, permitting, commissioning and handover activities to contractual technical, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
* Interface with the client, Construction Supervisors and the company's Commercial Teams to ensure consistent reporting of a level that allows timely decisions to be made
* Provide the interface between projects in a particular zone and ensure that lessons learnt are applied across all projects in this area.
* Ensure the availability and implementation of an effective operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices
* Interface with the Engineering Team to ensure the appropriate level of support is provided to Project Managers to facilitate resolution of design solutions that promote constructability and value engineering
* Review the performance of the construction supervisors and the contractors and take appropriate action where improvements are required.
* Ensure the required support is provided to facilitate the timely payment of invoices and resolution of variations and claims.
* Provide task force support to each project during start up and to resolve problems during construction.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Significant construction experience in a key role during execution of civil & infrastructure projects including roads services, structures, bridges, underpass, sewerage, underground HV power, ITS, lighting, water reticulation.
* Experience and skills of managing major highways, projects in excess of QR1 Billion.
* 25 years post graduate experience
* BSc in related subject
* Chartered or Professional Engineer
* Fluency in English language both written and spoken
* Arabic language skills desirable but not essential
* Experience use of MS Office.
* Team Management & Team player
* Strong customer focus
* Accepts Responsibility
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills
* Commercial Awareness
* HSE Awareness
If you have the relevant experience for this Project Manager role, please follow the link to apply