|Job Ref:||204696020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£20000 - £22000/annum 10% shift allowance||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:53|
Stores Operative |
£20,000 - £22,000 DOE + 10% shift allowance added monthly
Friday - Monday 7:00am - 18:00pm 1 hour lunch 40 hour week Village based nr Kettering
Benefits: 20 days holiday rising by 1 day per year of service, pension, employers service programme and company 'university' where employees can work and improve on key product skills.
How would you like to be part of a team working for a National company based on the prestigious leading manufacturer? This is a fantastic career opportunity to develop in a stimulating and dynamic environment. Employees are trained and developed to not only improve their skills but to ensure their personal progression matches our corporate objectives.
Our Client is one of Europe's leading Industrial Service Partners providing engineering knowledge and expertise. With over 200 service centres Nationwide, our client is continuing to grow creating new opportunities which has lead to an opening for a Stores Operative.
You will be solely responsible for managing a purpose built store for parts on site for machine spares and if parts are not available from on site stores you will need to order and keep a track of stock levels.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Expedite outstanding/overdue materials, ensuring delivery arrangements are met and communicating to customer if there are any changes
* Promptly loading sales orders, purchase orders and enquires onto system
* Liaise with team members and management with regards to customers' comments, stock availability and overdue/outstanding orders
* Contribute to site operational efficiency by identifying potential improvements to customer processes
* Maintain current stock records by accurately updating systems and where required written records with issue and receipt of information
* Identify store users requirements and where possible issue these from stock, if they aren't in stock then sourcing and negotiating parts and equipment to meet customer requirements
* Where required, maintain inventory control data and ensure timely replenishment of customer stock
The Successful Applicant:
* Experience in a commercial, distribution or industrial environment
* Knowledge of some or all categories of maintenance, repair and operational product service and range
* Knowledge of stock management
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word IT Skills
* Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations
* Sales and customer relationships
How to apply:
Please call Elisabeth Stewart or Amy Shaw for more information on (Apply online only). If you have not been contacted within 48 hours of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer