|Job Ref:||204696018||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£38000 - £39000/annum bonus, pension||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:53|
Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station|
£39,000 + bonus + benefits
We are actively recruiting a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the Southampton area. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out pre planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical plant around the power station.
What you will be doing...
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will include:
* Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives, conveyor systems and PLCs
* Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
* Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
* Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
* Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
* Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
What you will need...
* A recognised engineering apprenticeship along with an HNC/ONC in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
* At least 5 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered, ideally LET level
* A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend and bank holiday work.
What's in it for you...
* A salary up to circa £39,000
* A performance related bonus
* Excellent overtime rates
* Excellent benefits including a contributory pension
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or call (Apply online only) to speak to Steve.
Refer a friend, earn some money...
Maybe this role isn't for you but you know someone that might be interested? ASTUTE operates a "recommend a friend" scheme that could earn you £250 in vouchers if someone you recommend is successfully appointed. Simply get your friend to pass on your details upon application and we'll do the rest.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK