|Job Ref:||204695725||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
Micro/Nanoscale Fabrication and Development Engineer|
We are looking for a Micro/Nanoscale Fabrication and Development Engineer to join a breakthrough thin-film optical technology organisation working on a range of applications including reflective displays and smart glazing technology. Looking for the brightest minds, this start-up has the ambition to commercialise their innovations and need talented Development Engineers to make this possible!
This ambitious start-up will offer you the opportunity to be a part of cutting edge developments in display technology and make a name for yourself within the industry.
The position will focus on the design, build and testing of nanoscale devices structures and systems and will involve travel as you will also work closely with research facilities at different labs across the country.
Joining a start-up entails a high level of variety within your role as you will have the opportunity to show your initiative and creativity in helping achieve ambitious milestones within their field of research. Working alongside the Chief Scientific Officer you will also support their efforts in commercialising the products and assist with the training of new employees as the company grows.
For this diverse role you will need:
- Strong academic record with a high relevant degree in experimental physics, electrical or mechanical engineering, materials science or a related field.
- Any exposure to Photonics, optoelectronics, device fabrication or functional materials.
- Previous experience of: hands-on micro and nanofabrication techniques with cleanroom experience
- The ability to characterise experimental set ups and drive experiments often working with little or no supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills