|Job Ref:||204695705||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
Optical Technical Project Manager|
Working for an expanding and innovative start up as a Technical Project Manager you will take responsibility for driving a key area of future development working on smart glazing applications. The company are working on a range of thin film optical and smart glazing applications which have the potential to shape future technologies which can be used in a range of different industries. Working as a Technical Project Manager you will lead the development of this area working closely with external partners. Other responsibilities will include:
- Project Manage and contribute to a highly technical, multi-faceted development programme that moves the core technology towards a commercial product. This will start off by working closely with partners in the automotive industry.
- Manage internal and external resources whilst showing initiative and creativity to achieve ambitious technical milestones.
- Build upon the existing technical case for deploying core technology in smart glazing through a detailed understanding of competitor`s landscapes.
- You will also gain exposure to a range of other technical elements from within this highly ambitious company forming and developing technical long term relationships with industry partners.
- Working closely with the VP of business development in commercialisation activities.
For this role you will need:
- A strong degree or PhD in Physics, materials, electronic engineering or a related field.
- An understanding of optical technologies.
- Industry experience working as a technical project manager.
- A track record of problem solving and creativity within a hi-tech scientific field.
- Any exposure to automotive engineering, smart glazing, thin film materials would be highly desirable