|Job Ref:||204695326||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:53|
Our prestigious client based in Reading is currently seeking an Assistant Flood Risk Specialist to join its growing team.|
The Water Management Team based in Reading is an experienced group and is the main centre for flood risk, hydrology and hydraulic modelling within the company nationally. The modelling team undertakes analysis to support:
* Regeneration and new development and infrastructure,
* The Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authority clients in the development of flood alleviation schemes and advising on flood risk,
* Engineering design of hydraulic structures and navigational works
* River restoration and water framework directive driven work
* Works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act.
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a flood risk practitioner, hydrologist and/or hydraulic modeller, preferably with a focus on fluvial modelling.
The ideal candidate will offer experience in some of the following areas, although it is not essential to cover all points:
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments
* FEH, ReFH, FSR and other industry standard hydrological approaches
* 1d river modelling, using software such as Flood Modeller Pro, ISIS, HECRAS, ESTRY or Infoworks
* 2d hydraulic modelling, using software such as TUFLOW or ISIS 2d
* Experience of applying hydrological and/or hydraulic models for situations including fluvial, tidal, pluvial, breach and reservoir flood risk.
* Understanding of surface water drainage and preparation of Drainage Strategies or Impact Assessments
* An understanding of policy and guidance within the flood risk industry
Our client is looking at offers a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance