|Job Ref:||204695165||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Shefford||Address:||Post Code:||SG17||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum company benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
Mechanical Engineer - Mould development|
£30,000 - £33,000
A well established and expanding Bedfordshire Manufacturer are currently looking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their Operations team.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for designing new moulds and mould parts and also amend existing Mould drawings (Schematics) using the 3D modelling software SolidWorks.
The Mechanical Engineer will be experienced in a Workshop manufacturing environment and be educated to at least a HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
The Main Responsibilities:-
* To design, produce and project manage the manufacture of new and Moulds / Mould Tools
* Be able to read and interpret technical drawings (Schematics)
* For this you will need a clear understanding of engineering tolerances
* Maintain the electronic mould database to ensure accurate repair records
* Source relevant materials required
* Raise purchase orders and liaise with suppliers regarding the delivery of stock and raw materials
* Priorities maintenance work relating to the moulds
* Co-ordinate the delivery and collection of moulds and mould components from the Mould suppliers
The Mechanical Engineer will need experience within various workshop techniques, ideally with milling, turning and welding. You will also need experience of using SolidWorks.
You must have competent manual inspection skills as well as a good I.T understanding of Microsoft Excel, an ERP System and a Mould Management System.
This role offers an excellent work life balance of under 35 hours per week with a lunchtime finish on a Friday!
You must hold a full UK driving license.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions