|Job Ref:||204695139||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Post Date:||27/09/2016 04:06|
Head of Programme Management. Brand new position to lead, manage and continuously improve a project management / programme management team within an automotive, vehicle engineering and defence projects & programmes environment. Overall team and budget accountability of a 30 people strong programme management function. Role reports into board level of an internationally recognised centre of engineering excellence in the automotive industry. |
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
• Our client is an internationally recognised centre of engineering excellence in the automotive industry, with ambitious domestic and international growth plans.
• Newly created role to drive forward a successful, high performing programme management function.
• Competitive salary plus company car / car allowance, pension, 27 days holiday entitlement and other benefits.
The job will involve:
• You will lead and manage the whole programme management function, this is a corporate capability within the business. Currently the team is a mix of team leaders, project & project managers and PMO support functions.
• Leadership, management and continuous improvement of the Programme Management function. Team / individual performance review and feedback, training and development planning.
• Resource planning and management across the function group, overall budget accountability.
• Making a key contribution to the strategic direction of the function group and the wider business.
This job will suit:
• You will have developed your career within an engineering project management or programme management environment. Exposure to operating within a matrix management / strong cross functional support business environment would be advantageous.
• Proven capability to lead Project Managers, Engineers and motivate, inspire, develop them as people - this is already a high performing team so there will be a lot a buy in from the team.
• Experience of automotive, vehicle engineering or defence programmes is preferred.
• You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
This job is commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton, Tamworth, Solihull, Hinckley