|Job Ref:||204695052||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
Building Services Supervisor (Electrical)|
Location - London
Salary - Competitive plus pension, healthcare, death in service, season ticket loan, and discount gym membership.
Hours - 39 hours per week
* To supervise all aspects of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance, Project Works and Help Desk Calls in accordance with both client and requirements
* As the Senior Authorised Person operating the Permit System on site they will ensure all persons are conversant with and adhere to systems operated
* To be fully conversant with BAS Room Supervisor duties, to man the BAS Control Room and be proactive in checking and assisting the shift technicians or any outside contractors when required * Be fully aware of all emergency and evacuation procedures
* Man management of the Shift Team to ensure high quality support, maximum productivity and customer satisfaction
* Deputise for the Engineering Services Manager when required
Aims and Objectives
* To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers
* To provide high quality support to the Engineering Services Manager
* Manage team and personal workloads to ensure maximum productivity
* Endeavour to achieve PPM and Reactive targets and deadlines
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Be responsible for the day to day running of the contract requirements and organising the site shift team in order to meet the contractual agreement
* Undertake BAS Room duties, to man the BAS Control Room and be proactive in checking and assisting the shift technicians or any outside contractors when required
* Supervise the shift maintenance team on maintenance and reactive repairs of commercial, mechanical and electrical building services and associated equipment, allocate jobs to competent authorised personnel within team in a timely manner, monitoring work to ensure delivery quality is maintained
* Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
* Act as the Senior Authorised Person operating the Permit System
* Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules
* Assist in the preparation of emergency and contingency plans.
* Oversee all contract activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site procedures and requirements.
* Undertake tasks associated with staff during peak workloads and provide holiday and sickness cover
* Staff supervision including all full-time, part-time, sub-contractors and specialist providers
* Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are operated and adhered to in all respects and maintain accurate legible records and documentation associated with electrical and mechanical aspects of the PPM and plant
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all EWIS requests from the client
* Ensure spare parts, materials and consumables are ordered from approved suppliers so as to be available on site when needed
* To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical and mechanical services aspects of the contract as required
* Carry out staff appraisals for direct reports setting out training and development programs as required for staff under your control
* To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
* Provide estimates and quotations for new work and improvements including the writing of specifications
* Co-operate with office support staff providing information as required
* To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client
* Be available to attend or manage emergency call-outs and provide written incident reports as required
* To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Like for Like replacements, Project works, FM Soft Services etc.
* To report all activity and incidents to the Engineering Services Manager and undertake any reasonable task as directed by your senior management Occasional Allied Duties
* Production and maintenance of a regional management succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan are implemented
Health & Safety
* All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
* Interface with Health & Environmental (SHE) Department, Chief Engineers Department, Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Department, Quality Assurance (QA), Human Resource (HR) Department.
* Interface with Client Representative, Service providers and Material Suppliers
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies and experience relevant to the position are:
* City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent; or
* 17th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent; or
* NVQ Level 2-3 (e.g. Heating and Ventilating 6018) or recognised equivalent
* Experience gained within a maintenance environment in a supervisory role
* A good working knowledge of trades such as- Plumbing; HVAC systems and Refrigeration
* Sound Mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
* Experience in computer PPM management systems (Concept 300 or similar)
* Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
BMS Management and monitoring (trending, reports and alarms)
* Permit to Work - Management of internal system (AP Status)
City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
* BTEC ONC Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services or recognised equivalent
* Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or recognised equivalent
* Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or recognised equivalent
* Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
* Man management experience of multi-skilled technicians
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
* Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self Motivation and Development- is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction