|Job Ref:||204694929||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basildon||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum + Overtime + Pension + Healthcare||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
PLC Software Controls Engineer (Automotive)|
* Based or willing to relocate to Essex
£30,000 - £45,000, £50,000+ including overtime
Pension, healthcare, life cover, phone/laptop & 25 days' leave
My client is a leading provider of machinery supplied into a range of industrial manufacturing market sectors. My client specialises in design, manufacture, site installation and project management providing total turnkey solutions to blue chip customers around the world.
Established for over 30 years, this business generates an impressive £15m worth of annual sales and part of a global group generating annual sales in-excess of £70 million. This business has experienced significant growth over the past five years and as a result, they now need to strengthen the PLC Software Controls Department and looking to recruit an experienced Automotive PLC Software Controls Engineer.
Automotive PLC Software Controls Engineer - Essex:
* Review specifications and to participate in engineering kick-off meetings.
* Production of software documentation, FDS (functional design specifications) and detailed software design specifications.
* Write PLC codes from scratch using Siemens PLC software in either function block or ladder logic.
* Working as part of a Project Team in conjunction with Mechanical Design and Hardware Controls to ensure a robust and consistent design
* Design, create and programme HMI's.
* Ensure the machine controls programme can interface with 3rd party equipment such as Festo / SMC pneumatics, Bosch drives, presses and other equipment.
* You will take the code and commission this on to the machine in-house.
* Assist in commissioning, install, test, modify & debug of the PLC code using a laptop.
* Ensure the PLC controls & software works in conjunction with all of the mechanical & electrical systems.
* Participate in both FAT (factory acceptance test) and produce sign-off documentation.
Experience & background:
* Experienced PLC Engineer, Software Engineer, Controls Engineer or Automation Engineer.
* Must be able to write PLC codes from scratch and experienced within the Automotive sector.
* Worked with any form of engineering system, product or machine that has PLC's.
* Ideally this will be Siemens S7 however you could also have experience with other software such as Schneider, Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi.
* Based Essex.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Automotive PLC Software Controls Engineer to join a business that is financially secure and stable. Within a five year period, may be sooner your role will progress into a Lead Automotive PLC Software Controls Engineer's role and long-term, you will have the option to progress into an Automotive PLC Software Controls Managers role should you desire to fulfil this position.
How to Apply:
For further information, please contact Joanne Wilson at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on (Apply online only) or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to