|Job Ref:||204694087||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Biggleswade||Address:||Post Code:||SG18||Salary:||£27000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
JOB TITLE: Security Systems Engineer (Electrical) |
1) Fault finding - to investigate, diagnose and repair faults to existing systems.
2) To complete routine services to existing systems, completed on a rolling schedule. Particular attention being paid to safety systems.
3) To interpret drawings for site/equipment layout and electrical wiring.
4) 1st fix: to install power supply and cable runs
5) 1st fix: to support team with general duties
6) 2nd fix: to install gate automation, access control, parking systems, CCTV
7) 2nd fix: to set-up, Force Test and commission systems
8) To install and repair general domestic and small commercial electrical installations
9) Repair surveys to enable relevant stock to be ordered and repairs to be carried out.
10) Safety system surveys, to ensure potential new and existing customers are offered the correct safety devices to ensure Compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EU
11) To lead site management liaising with our team, the customer, other relevant trades, to ensure the works are completed effectively and efficiently.
12) To supervise team labourer/apprentice as necessary.
1) Ground work; excavations
2) Concreting and post fixing
3) Duct laying
4) Load/unload van/trailer.
5) Update stock records as result of stock used
6) Before leaving site - clear-up and update customer
7) Assist gate/steelwork moving and hanging
1) Driving licence
2) Positive outlook, personable and professional attitude
3) Physically fit - occasional heavy lifting will be required
4) Positive attitude to working outside throughout the year
5) To use a Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
6) Able to work unsupervised at skilled level.
7) Electrical experience essential:
Must be 17th Edition City & Guilds Qualified with Test and Inspect for completion of relevant Certificates
To use a working knowledge of basic circuits at 24 volts.
Able to calculate cable size and circuit design for 230volt domestic installations.
8) Knowledge of process control is an advantage.
9) Mechanical skills preferable.
Full Certified training will be given.
Company van/tools, Company uniform and Health and Safety equipment, will be provided as necessary.
This is a full-time, established post, with three months probationary period.
HOURS: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. Minimal overtime and occasional Saturday morning available.
BENEFITS: 20 days holiday + bank holidays