|Job Ref:||204693616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Salary:||£280 - £300/day Ltd||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
Security System Design Engineer |
A Security System Design Engineer is required to work on a six to twelve month contract, with a potential extension beyond that, for a large engineering company based near Farnborough. The role pays between £280 and £300 per day through a limited or Umbrella Company and they are looking for someone to start immediately. Although the role is based out of my client's office near Farnborough you will be required to travel to sites to the South and as far West as Bristol to visit the locations that their systems will be installed in.
Key responsibilities of the Design Engineer;
* Carry out project specific designs, Ensure that a comprehensive MTO is delivered for the preparation of pricing, schedule and design deliverables. Implement the approval process with the Verification Engineer. Ensure a full understanding of the OR and SSOR documents and ensure that designs are fully compliant. Ensure working knowledge of the Client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the design process and that these requirements are incorporated fully into all designs. Follow the contract administration process with guidance from the Project Manager to ensure that EWN TQ and RFI processes are implemented on a timely basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly. Ensure that the Client Data book records are updated from start to completion of the process.
* Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
* Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
* Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client's operational requirements.
Experience and skills required:
* Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
* Ability to interpret client's technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
* Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
* Good organisational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
* Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
* Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design
* Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
* Networks - Minimum CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience
* CCTV - Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience.
* Electrical - Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
* C&G 2382-10 17th Edition
* Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
* Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post