|Job Ref:||204693556||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
Principal Design Engineer|
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE (However, please advise as to your expectations upon application should the role be of interest as our client will accomodate an exceptional candidate)
Principal Design Engineer
We are a very well established manufacturer of automated capital machinery serving FMCG markets across the globe. We now require a Principal Design Engineer who will work to develop the product range to ensure the competitive position of our machines. The Principal Design Engineer will also provide expert product design leadership and to originate new design concepts, where necessary drawing up detailed prototype testing plans. We invite applications from degree educated and innovative Senior Engineers in a key Design role and also experienced in the design of new machines from initial concept and specification through to customer acceptance.
Principal Design Engineer
* To provide product leadership on one or more unit machines and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs.
* To look to introduce new technology in novel ways to provide competitive advantage using cost effective designs.
* Co ordinates engineers to ensure smooth execution of contracts and development projects within cost and schedule.
* To develop designs from first principles.
* To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company standards and quality procedures.
* To ensure compliance to CAD best practice.
* To provide leadership in the use of CAD software
* To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
* To ensure compliance of the equipment with company standards and quality procedures.
* To maintain and update drawings & parts lists by authorising and completion of change requests.
* Works with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
* To undertake calculations for design on contract work.
* To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
* To support engineering development and customer services as appropriate.
* To resolve customer issues by attending site and supporting installation and commissioning when necessary.
* To co-ordinate specific contracts through the technical department, directing engineers and ensuring project execution to schedule and cost.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply