|Job Ref:||204693199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Bicester||Address:||Post Code:||OX26||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum £35,000 to £38,000 + car||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:54|
Job Title: Mobile Authorised Person|
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 + car
Our client is a leading supplier of facility services to the Ministry of Defence and they now have an immediate requirement for an Authorised Person (Mechanical and Electrical (M&E)) at their site in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Please note that the successful candidate will be trained to become an Authorised Person in mechanical, electrical and petroleum (if not already held), however you must have a demonstrable engineering background in building mechanical and electrical services.
The successful Authorised Person will supervise all AP work in regards to mechanical, electrical and petroleum. This will include issuing permits, safe systems of work and isolating installations. This is a mobile role so you will also travel to other sites in your local area; vehicle is provided.
This permanent position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an established business. The salary is £35,000 to £38,000, plus benefits, some of which are detailed below. Candidates who have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with previously experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- To oversee all Authorised Person (AP) work with regards to all building mechanical, electrical and petroleum engineering services.
- Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety standards.
- Keep and maintain records using our client's computer software.
- Attend Risk Meetings.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Site Managers on maintenance matters.
- Providing technical support where required to the maintenance teams.
- Minimum of HNC/HND qualified in appropriate building mechanical and/or electrical disciplines.
- Demonstrable background in managing staff.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm when under pressure.
- Management of safe system of work.
- Knowledge of JSP375.
- IT literate.
- Full driving license.
- Experience of working within a military or MoD environment.
- £35,000 to £38,000 annual salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Additional training.
- Company vehicle or allowance.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Varied working environment