|Job Ref:||204693176||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:54|
REED Engineering are working with a leading engineering company with a global client base.|
Responsible for equipment calibration, procedures, validation of results, vetting specifications and NDT operator qualifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintain equipment and calibration system.
* Evaluation / verdict and certification of test results.
* Writing and approving detailed NDT Procedures/techniques.
* Vetting and commenting on standards, specifications and enquiries.
* Audit operator compliance to procedures.
* Organise and administer NDT operator qualifications.
* Investigation of defects/problems - on and offsite.
* Providing specialist guidance to management/technical.
* Propose and develop techniques and systems.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* NDT level 3 qualification in Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle and/or Liquid Penetrant testing
* Experience of controlling NDT operations.
* A minimum of between 3-5 years' experience in a relevant industrial environment in a similar role.
* Previous audit experience would be advantageous.
* Industrial experience in products related to aerospace, oil & gas, power generation.
* Demonstrable experience of NDT testing of metal forgings.
* Qualification to EN 4179
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business