|Job Ref:||204692870||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thurso||Address:||Post Code:||KW14||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:54|
Health & Safety Officer - Radioactive Materials Transport|
Location - Thurso
Duration - 12-months
Competitive £15 - £20 PAYE per hour
To be considered for this role, you must be able to work in the UK without restriction as you will be required to undergo checks for Security Clearance, this is essential prior to securing the role. Candidates, therefore who have not lived as a full-time UK resident within the last five years need not apply
Edgar Stewart's client urgently requires a Health and Safety Officer with experience of Radioactive Materials Transport to be based on site in Dounreay.
The purpose of this job will be to ensure compliance of regulations and guidelines relating to the transport of radioactive materials.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safe transportation of radioactive material.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide an off-site radioactive material transport service as the Dounreay consignor
* Provide advice to site personnel on the regulatory aspects on the transport of radioactive material
* Carry out audits of operational areas to assess compliance with Dounreay site requirements including transport emergency arrangements
* Train and appoint Radioactive Movement Coordinators
* Liaise with Regulators and Stakeholders on RAM Transport issues
* Undertake the role of the Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
You will ideally hold an HND relevant scientific/ engineering or equivalent qualification and have a minimum of 2-years radiological experience.
Candidates with Dangerous Goods by Road as well as Dangerous Goods by Sea and Transport of Radioactive Material certification will be considered highly desirable.
In return Our Client is offering 12-month contract, coupled with a competitive rate of pay that will incorporate travel and subsistence. In addition, you may also be able to work flexible working hours.
To apply for this role, please send in an up to date copy of your CV. Alternatively, you can apply via our website