|Job Ref:||204692666||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salford||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.|
They are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with x2 Civil Engineers. This position will be based out of (Salford 2/3 days a week and Brighton 2/3 days a week) and hence travel and overnight stay will be required. The successful candidate will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimize risks and maximize profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
* Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively. The term 'cost' is to embrace all costs associated with the design and the subsequent construction of the design. To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
* Ensure that standard practices are utilized where ever possible.
* Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
* Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
* Assist in developing procedures and processes
* Monitor and review the procedures and processes
* Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
* Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to Biwater in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are coordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
* Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
* To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognized as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
* Maintain a personal development plan
* Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff
* Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
* Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
* Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
* Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
* Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil aspects of water and sewage treatment plants
* Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree
* Minimum - Civil Engineering HND
* Associate Membership of a professional institution
* Ability to think clearly under pressure
* Good negotiation skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to rationalize designs and produce economic plant layouts
* Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management