|Job Ref:||204692403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£9.40 - £11.00/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
Are you an experienced Electro-Mechanical Assembler, seeking a position within precision engineering? Would you relish the opportunity to work for an innovative, global firm in a position that requires detailed assembly of small components? |
If so, we are seeking a candidate like you to fulfil a 6 month contract in Reading. Due to increase in workload, there are currently six full time, temporary positions available.
Hours of work are: Mon - Thurs 7:30 am - 4:15 pm with 30 minutes for lunch & Fri 7:30 - 12:00pm
The successful candidates will have experience of soldering and wire prep, including crimping and connector termination. In addition you will have the level of dexterity required to assemble precision parts and the ability to remain focused and diligent at all times, producing high quality work and inspecting as you go to ensure this is the case. You must also be confident of your ability to understand technical drawings and written specifications. This requires a good command of the English language.
Assemble complex and precision electro-mechanical units, sub-assemblies and final assemblies as needed to the required quality and timescale.
* Work from detailed assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, written specifications and verbal instructions.
* Work to close tolerances, strict inspection standards, and critical operating requirements.
* Operations include, but are not limited to, preparing wire, crimping, soldering, HF welding, cementing, coating, potting, de-burring, and de-flashing.
* Visually inspect parts and assemblies for defects and dimensions, using a microscope if required and repair any defects if possible.
* Carry out skilled fitting, adjusting, calibrating and aligning to give free action and movement of parts, tolerance fits and operating requirements.
* Proceed with minimum supervision, with directions only required on new or problem work.
* Select and use hand tools, soldering equipment, jigs, fixtures, testing devices and gauging equipment.
* Maintain necessary records.
* Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to supervisor.
* Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business