|Job Ref:||204692352||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£33 - £34/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:06|
Mobile Maintenance Engineer|
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to work for one of the UK's largest maintenance contractors. This mobile position will be based predominantly in the Southampton area, whilst also working on a number of commercial and corporate contracts in the South East.
My client is one of the largest privately owned facilities management companies in the UK, and have been established for over 50 years. With multiple regional offices across the UK they're perfectly placed, to provide a comprehensive and professional range of hard facilities management services. Drawing on their extensive experience and significant local resources they're able to provide clients with high quality and cost effective services including the following:
* Planned & Reactive Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance
* Planned & Reactive Fabric Maintenance
* Forward Maintenance & Lifecycle Planning
* Energy Management & Renewable Energy
* Risk Management & Compliance
* Space Planning & Move Management
* Project Management
They're actively looking for ambitious engineers to grow their own careers with the company. They offer a wealth of training and are always looking to develop staff. Whether it be into higher engineering or management positions, my client is always looking to promote from within.
* Working predominantly within a critical date centre in the Southampton area, critical site experience is key.
* Carrying out reactive maintenance and working to a PPM schedule.
* Perform fault finding and repairs and be responsible for performing operational checks and first line repairs of building technology systems.
* Identify then estimate repair or project works conforming to best practice and regulations, plus complete repair/project works when delegated.
* Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
* Provide single point of contact in periods when contract manager is unavailable and make informed decisions regarding remedial activities and escalation procedures.
* Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of equipment on site.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and adhered to for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices.
* Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
* General fabric maintenance when required.
Qualifications and Training
* City & Guilds 2360 1&2 Electrical Installation
* City & Guilds 2380 17th Edition
* £34,000 - upwards dependent on experience.
* Contributory company pension scheme.
* Company vehicle and fuel card.
* 30 days' holiday inclusive of bank holidays