|Job Ref:||204692351||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum pension (7%), 25 days holiday||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Civil Engineer (Infrastructure Design) - Leeds|
RGB are representing a young and innovative engineering consultancy that are currently working on a wide range of projects across all sectors. To support the Practice`s continued growth and development they are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer with a few years post-graduate experience to join the team of design engineers.
The role will involve the preparation of preliminary design and detailed design of civil engineering infrastructure including roads and drainage in accordance with statutory requirements, national and international standards and codes of practice. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of planning applications, compliance requirements, tender documents and procurement of specialist surveys; managing smaller scale projects, monitoring construction activities and interfacing with public and private clients.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works independently as well as part of a team, is enthusiastic, friendly and has the desire to develop with us as the Practice grows.
Experience and qualifications
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Applicants must have a few years post-graduate experience working in a civil
engineering or consultancy role.
• Working towards Chartership.
• Working on development infrastructure - Foul & surface water drainage design, SUDS
design, road specifications, flood risk assessments.
• Familiarity with current safety and health (construction) legislation.
• A working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word,
Micro Drainage and Autocad.
• Knowledge of Revit, Vehicle Tracking and Cut & Fill Analysis would be an advantage.
Key skills, characteristics and attributes
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and build effective working
relationships while taking ownership and responsibility for designated projects.
• A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated
• Enthusiastic, friendly and fun
Salary: 30k - 40k + benefits
Apply today or get in touch with Michael Power at RGB on (Apply online only) or (url removed) for more information