|Job Ref:||204692218||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum + DOE + O/T||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:55|
WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR (PLANT HIRE)|
Salary: £25 - £28k DOE plus overtime
Our client is one of the largest independent construction/plant hire companies in the UK and they are currently looking for a Workshop Supervisor for their depot in the Glasgow area to manage the plant hire division workshop.
The ideal candidate will be commercially driven with supervisory experience, as the role involves mentoring and developing a team of Plant Hire staff including mobile engineers, welders and yard personnel in a busy demanding environment.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Supervisor
* Health and Safety.
* Responsible for the day to day operations of a busy workshop.
* Continuously improve standards
* Liaise with colleagues to optimize efficiency
* Coordinate services and maintenance of Heavy Plant, Tools and specialist equipment, along with fault finding and carrying out repairs.
* Attend breakdowns on site if required.
* Negotiate with suppliers.
Requirements of the Workshop Supervisor
* PC literate
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
* A confident and flexible attitude
* A proven engineering and management background
* Driving licence
* Experience in servicing and repairing heavy construction plant is essential.
* NVQ Level 2 in plant maintenance or equivalent.
The ideal candidate will be located in either of the following areas: Cumbernauld, Bishopbriggs, Coatbridge, Glasgow, Bellshill, Wishaw, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Paisley, Renfrew, Bearsden, Dumbarton, Greenock, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stirling or surrounding areas