|Job Ref:||204692086||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hastings||Address:||Post Code:||TN34||Salary:||£27000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
Mechanical Design & Project Engineer|
£27,000 - £32,000 per annum
The position would ideally suit an applicant who has a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and strong CAD experience.
This is a mechanical engineering position with project management bias where the employee will be responsible for the modification of designs and detail mechanical components, equipment, and machinery coupled with the coordination of all aspects of a Machine Shop project from release to the floor until the time the project ships. They apply knowledge of engineering principles to the design and detail of products such as vacuum chambers, sub-assemblies, and systems. Work with Machine Shop Supervisors to ensure that a quality product is manufactured and delivered to the customer. Monitor job progress to ensure that product is shipped to customer by the promised delivery date. Monitor time charged to the job and respond to over charges to make sure that the project remains within budget. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires a bachelor's degree in engineering. He/she needs to be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. They will perform a variety of tasks. In addition, this position will interface with Sales, Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Assembly and Test
Key Job Elements:
* Design and detail mechanical components used in product lines while following the established procedures
* Work to the budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
* Create Bills of Material in the corporate ERP system
* Interface with Sales and Product Management to understand project requirements
* Interface with internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
* Take overall responsibility for projects once released to shop floor
* Monitors individual project tasks to ensure that the project is completed according to schedule.
* If a project falls behinds schedule, work with Machine Shop Supervisors to get projects back on schedule
* If scheduled completion date cannot be kept, take appropriate steps to notify Sales so that end customer can be notified.
* Verifies that manufactured product meets quality standards
* If product does not meet quality standards, work with Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing Engineers, and Floor Supervisors to determine best method to correct quality issue.
* Verify that individual projects stay within established budget.
* If cost overruns occur, work with Machine Shop Supervisors and Manufacturing Engineers to determine reasons for cost overruns, take steps to avoid additional cost overruns, and communicate reasons behind cost overruns back to Engineering and Product Management for reference on future projects.
* Motivate Machine Shop Operators to improve their performance without the benefit of direct supervisory authority.
* Answer Operator questions that arise with regards to specific projects.
* Requires a high level of initiative, judgment, and discipline
* Other Duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Strong 3D CAD experience
* Good people skills
* Good organizational skills
* Experience with Solid Edge or other mid-range modeling package
* Experience working in a Manufacturing Facility
* Experience with vacuum system design experience
* Hands on Experience as a Machinist or Welder
Standards of performance:
* The success of the person in this role will be judged by the ability to execute on the project tasks in terms of quality of design and the ability to finishing against project dates, hours and budgets.
* The ability to work well with the other company team members will be assessed.
* Quality of the designs, safety, manufacturability, and ease of assembly will be considered as well.
* In addition the ability to work as part of the Manufacturing team and influence other team members to improve their performance
* Demonstrate knowledge of and works within Quality Management System, including the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
* The primary work environment will be split between an office setting in a climate controlled work group and the manufacturing facility shop floor with fluctuating climate conditions.
* Occasional domestic and international travel are possible.
* Normal equipment will involve a PC, CAD software, and normal office equipment like copiers, fax machines and printers.
* Occasional assembly work may involve the need for safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and mechanical hand tools.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK