|Job Ref:||204692003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salford||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:14|
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.|
They are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design Manager. This position will be based out of (Salford 2/3 days a week and Brighton 2/3 days a week) and hence travel and overnight stays will be required. You will lead the design implementation phase for a portfolio of projects. To ensure cost-effective, technically-compliant and buildable solutions are delivered in line with the delivery team's requirements, as well as in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the Project Delivery Process and engineering design procedures. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
Purpose of role:
* To lead the design development phase for a portfolio of projects which ensures cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions, which are approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations.
* To provide commitment to excellence in Health & Safety (H&S) in design, complying fully with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) and all other relevant H&S legislation.
* Undertake the role of the company's Principal Designer's representative on behalf of the company.
* To lead the Design team in delivery of their responsibilities and to ensure a focused approach to meet customer requirements and project objectives.
* To be accountable for the expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall outturn costs for the design element of project delivery, producing deliverables within the allocated manhours and by key dates.
* To organise all elements of Design and preparing monthly status update reports as necessary.
* To ensure that there is a comprehensive knowledge base for Engineering solutions which is continuously updated with new solutions and lessons learned.
* To provide where required, technical support during Assembly and Commissioning stages.
* To contribute to achieving the sustainability targets, particularly by reducing the embodied and operational Carbon Footprints of the solutions.
* To ensure a means of communication that enables, promotes and drives innovation which produces optimal engineering solutions at lowest whole life costs.
* To recognise and provide exceptional customer service both internally and with partners and externally with the Client, their Customers and the general public.
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Extensive experience of multi-disciplinary design management, in a design-build environment
* Degree in an engineering-related discipline
* Chartered Engineer in an engineering-related discipline
* Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
* Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
* Extensive experience in large- scale project delivery
* Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
* Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
* Ability to present technical proposals clearly, confidently and convincingly