|Job Ref:||204691923||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Deepcut||Address:||Post Code:||GU16||Salary:||£47000 - £55000/annum £47,000 - £55,000 + Car||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:55|
Demob Job Reference: j2657|
Job Title: Service Delivery Area Manager
Location: Deepcut, Surrey
Salary: £47,000 - £55,000 + Car
My client is one of the UK's leading support services companies. They look after our armed forces by delivering essential infrastructure including, housing, management services, facilities management, planned and responsive activities, small works projects, professional services, estate management and grounds maintenance services. They now have a requirement for a Service Delivery Area Manager to be based at their site at Deepcut.
The successful Service Delivery Area Manager will ensure the Property Maintenance of all sites within area of responsibility and operate as the immediate escalation point for site level operational and delivery issues, effective management and timely execution of all work relating to the delivery of our client's services and specified projects on the sites. These will include building, civil and all associated mechanical and electrical (M&E) functions. You will have a demonstrable management background in construction or facilities.
Candidates meeting the criteria below who have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with previously experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- Develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders in order to best deliver mutually beneficial and satisfactory solutions.
- Manage team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
- Use developed communication skills to influence internal and external stakeholders, and adapt complex messages to suit the audience.
- Manage service delivery of all maintenance and response works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Ensure all documentation relating to maintenance is distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and provide up to date detail to Land & Asset Management Services.
- Oversee and ensure the preparation, approval and maintenance of every ESTS, FASP and ESRs across the Service Delivery Area.
- Identify risks and provide appropriate measures to mitigate the impact.
- Control an Authorised Persons diary to ensure maximum output and continued compliance throughout the Service Delivery Area.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets. Lead service delivery and Additional Works to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the sustainability agenda.
- Confer with the Additional Works team to ensure the efficient operation of a system of reporting of the physical progress of Additional Works.
- To oversee on-going completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders associated with the contract and work in collaboration to provide consistent approach to delivering service excellence across the contract.
- Act as the focal point for all HoEs and senior DIO representatives and maintain successful relationships in respect of the level and quality of service within the Service Delivery Area.
- Acknowledge compliments and resolve complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Develop and approve the SDA Relationship Improvement Plan with DIO and SDA specific Supply Chain, involving management in line with BS11000 Collaborative Business Relationships.
- Communicate and promote SDA participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to company and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Additional Works Manager and Site Managers to identify the most appropriate resource to deliver Additional Works.
- Ensure the management, recruitment, motivation and development of staff and operatives, to deliver the agreed level of service with an appropriate base of suitably skilled and qualified people.
- Create the environment in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- Ensure adherence to the Company's contractual responsibilities and internal quality procedures including management reporting, development, budget, forecasting and financial control.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Manage Service Delivery Area budget and review P&L for effective delivery within contractual requirements.
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance and maintain commercial control to enable planned milestone payments are achieved.
- Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business.
- Facilitate collaborative forecasting and planning, to develop and maintain estate plans (such as IEMPs, IRMPs) as required.
- Typical budget responsibility of £7million annual revenue.
- This role includes direct line management of 2 employees and leading a team of 6 employees.
- Plan resources effectively in accordance to the strategic goals, set clear objectives and monitor to ensure milestones and targets are met.
- Through the use of available technology review and analyse data to identify ensuing trends and implement best practise and lessons learnt across the contract.
- Manage compliance, promote commitment to internal and external requirements and encourage evaluation and review to find effective new ways of delivery.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through sound commercial decisions and value for money.
- Manage the implementation H&S policy, ensure compliance with changing legislation, identify any areas of improvement to ensure best practise within area of remit.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Construction & Property Maintenance legislation and processes and maintain focus within the team to deliver results.
- Developed communication skills to influence and negotiate internally and externally across the business.
- Lead by example across the contract and by demonstrating commitment to our values and objectives.
- Motivate and drive excellence through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making and strive for excellence in personal and team objectives.
- Make sound and timely decisions, implementing strategy and operational leadership for the contract.
- Develop and maintain strong and robust relationships with MoD personnel to ensure excellent delivery of the contract and encourage a spirit of collaboration amongst team members.
- Inspire confidence and build effective relationships with skill and professionalism to lead and support the team and wider business.
- Provide clear and concise direction to influence and negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the contract.
- Set high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment, maintain focus and deliver results.
- Qualified to HND level or equivalent.
- Health & Safety awareness, ideally identified by qualifications such as IOSH.
- Excellent leadership and management skills in leading operational teams to achieve KPIs.
- Significant experience in a management position within multi-site Construction or Facilities Management environment.
- Implementation of HR procedures.
- Ability to delegate, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and environmental standards.
- Proactive performance management of employees and supply chain
- Demonstrable background in budget control.
- Strong communicator.
- IT literate
- Extensive understanding of risk management
- Requirement to travel between sites within geographical area of responsibility.
- Full driving licence.
- £47,000 to £55,000 annual salary.
- Company car.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Additional training.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Varied working environment