|Job Ref:||204691503||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Principal or senior tunnel engineer - civil/structural - based Reading, Berks|
As an important addition to the expanding Mott MacDonald's tunnel design team in Reading, you will currently be working as a principal or senior tunnel engineer ideally in a design consultancy. You will get the opportunity to project manage and work on a number of major complex projects. You will be the lead responsible for timely production and delivery of our design solutions, reports, specifications and output for tunnels at all design stages and construction methods.
The skills you will need are:
- An excellent technical background and knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques for the design and assessment of tunnel designs
- Skills in structural engineering, geotechnics, railway, water/waste water or metro engineering
- Sound client-facing skills
- Experience of working within a design consultancy on multiple and concurrent assignments
- Understand design risk management, construction, the tendering process and quality assurance management programmes
- Practical experience in the construction of underground and related structures/shafts and sprayed concrete lined tunnels preferably with UK design codes
- Good communication, team working and problem solving skills
- Chartered with MEng or MA qualifications or equivalent
- An understanding of the basic principles of Building Information Modelling and experience with BIM authoring tools and the associated processes, specifically BS1192 would be an advantage
We offer an excellent package including our flexible benefits scheme covering holidays, pension, health care, life assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and much more.
If you have the skills above for this role, we would be interested to hear from you. Please send a covering letter with your CV to explain your experience in the relevant areas detailed above, why you are interested in the role, your current salary package and your availability. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture