|Job Ref:||204691463||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:14|
Mott MacDonald are looking to expand our specialist team and recruit a technical director/principal engineer with in-depth vibration experience and expertise to deliver specialised solutions for a range of challenging civil and structural engineering vibration work. This work includes ground borne noise and vibration and structural vibration scenarios.|
Mott MacDonald has an exceptional reputation in delivering consultancy services for a wide range of strategic civil infrastructure projects in transport covering rail, road, air and sea. We are at the forefront of assessing civil infrastructure, buildings and other structures subject to noise, vibration and dynamic excitation. Our specialists have significant experience of vibration induced by road and rail traffic, pedestrian excitation, machinery operation, blast and seismic activity.
This is a long-term senior career appointment with the opportunity to advance within Special Services and within Mott MacDonald. The role could be based in either Croydon or Reading.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Analysis and prediction of ground borne noise and vibration associated with road and rail traffic
* Analysis of dynamic structural behaviour arising from crowd and pedestrian excitation; blast loading and other mechanical excitation
* Working within a team to develop effective mitigation solutions
* Liaising with clients, providing reports and project feedback and building strong relationships for longer term business development
* Networking with all areas of Mott MacDonald providing assistance with appropriate projects requiring input on vibration issues
* Preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
* Responsible for ensuring that technical aspects of the project are being managed correctly, technical / project issues are being identified and addressed in a timely manner and appropriate actions are being taken to safeguard against risks to Mott MacDonald
Please however note this role is not an acoustics role.
You will possess considerable on-the-job experience and expertise in assessing the impact of vibration within civil transportation for rail, road, tunnel and bridge projects. Your background and experience is likely to be in civil engineering with a degree, masters or PhD qualification in either civil or mechanical engineering.
Role requirements include:
* Skills and experience in vibration modelling, finite element modelling and dynamics
* Experience and knowledge of monitoring, prediction and assessment techniques for vibration associated with road / railway use
* Commercial awareness
* Evidence of assisting in the promotion of opportunities for further developing new business
* Experience of leading, supporting and working in a team and contributing to their overall success
* Relevant practical experience
Other skills and experience that would be beneficial include:
* Noise/ acoustic assessment and design with knowledge of current standards and procedures.
* Noise and vibration measurements, data analysis and reporting duties
* Experience of noise assessment, modelling and prediction as well as knowledge of UK planning.
We offer an excellent package including our flexible benefits scheme covering holidays, pension, health care, life assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and much more.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture