|Job Ref:||204693440||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:55|
Production / Manufacturing Manager |
Up to £50,000/£60,000 + benefits
Our client is an entrepreneurial and fast growing SME operating in a high quality, manufacturing and service sector. Due to ongoing growth and restructuring, they seek to appoint someone who can take full responsibility for the end to end production process. Key to the success of this appointment will be leadership, problem solving, decisiveness and the drive to challenge the status quo and to develop and improve processes.
The role will play a key part within the management team in developing and implementing the production strategy, driving the on time delivery and facilitating further growth.
The primary accountability of this highly challenging and rewarding role is to be responsible, taking full ownership, for the achievement of objectives across the manufacturing team. This is a business undergoing change and requires teams to effectively adapt and react positively to growth and or market opportunities.
• Outstanding on time delivery.
• Leading the team to achieve quality, delivery & cost standards in line with company strategy.
• Margin performance.
• Increasing the flexibility of the workforce via multi-skilling.
• Customer satisfaction.
There is an expectation that the Continuous Improvement should be truly embedded within the culture, with the workforce actively seeking ways to improve customer service, putting customer needs at the centre of decision making.
Principle Accountabilities & Key Duties:
• Motivate, manage & lead the manufacturing team comprising a number of skilled and varied sections - inspection, machining, material/component kit, assembly and test to achieve the operational KPIs.
• Work closely with the all other areas of the business, Sales/Commercial, Engineering, Procurement, Quality to ensure effective cross business communication.
• Influence key employees within the respective areas of the Supply chain, Commercial Engineering, & Production Engineering to meet the manufacturing teams' objectives.
• Build on customer's perception of a highly capable emergent manufacturing capability with a view to implementing robust production processes that ensure customer service targets are achieved.
• Ensure capacity is accurately planned and personally ensure the necessary resources are available to meet the plan.
• To train, coach & develop the production supervisory structure & employees to ensure necessary skills are available to successfully deliver the strategy.
• Generate margin growth through application of lean techniques and increased component manufacturing processes / procedures.
• Effectively communicate company strategy through the operations team and ensure necessary policies and processes are put in place to drive the strategy.
This position will require excellent team management skills, together with the ability to resolve complex problems and determine the best course of action whilst not losing sight of longer term objectives.
The ability to meet targets and affect change will be pivotal to the success of the role.
For the right person this is an exciting opportunity with a business that operates at the highest levels of quality and has real momentum. The role offers real potential for career progression whilst also offering complete autonomy. The group is growing both organically and through acquisition, and progression will be limited only by your own ability.
If you're an ambitious and capable leader seeking a new challenge / next rung on the ladder, we'd like to hear from you. If you are interested in more information, please apply now on-line or contact Simon Collinson at Rockfield Specialist Recruitment