|Job Ref:||204693424||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Tamworth||Address:||Post Code:||B79||Salary:||£36000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:06|
Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer|
Material Handling / Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit an Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer to join my client based in Tamworth.
Undertaking of day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Automated Distribution Centre on MHE such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc
Day to day duties will include:
• Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
• Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
• Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
• Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
• In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
• A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
• Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG or Material Handling environment.
• Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
• Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
• Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
• Knowledge of PLC fault Diagnostics is an advantage
• Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
Due to the site being a 24/7 operation, the shift pattern you will be working will include days, nights and weekends.
Please note, due to the fast paced nature of our business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavor to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful