Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12517||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Saskatoon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:02|
Job ID: 2016-12517
Area of Interest: EN - Operations Support
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Diploma
Posted Date: 9/26/2016
Experience (Years): 1
SLP: J2WCORPORATE, J2WN/A
The Saskatoon office has an immediate opening for a contract Receptionist, on full time hours.
* Be charged with a responsibility that has a lasting impact on the success of our organization - making a good first impression.
* Answer the main switchboard and direct calls in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Also responsible for the maintenance, programming and training of new staff on the telephone system.
* Greet all visitors politely and diligently and announce them to the appropriate designate.
* Process all outgoing mail and courier packages.
* Open, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail and courier packages.
* Maintain copiers and copier supplies.
* Responsible for receiving and distributing incoming electronic faxes.
* Assist with some word processing (lists, transmittals, labels, forms, etc.).
* Maintain client database.
* Maintain and update visitor sign-in/out sheet.
* Maintain and purchase office supplies.
* Some filing duties.
* Assist professional, technical and other support staff as required.
* Responsible for Training Coordination within our regional operation.
* Acts as the facilities liaison; communicating with the landlord, security system provider and janitorial staff.
* General administration duties as assigned.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Diploma or certificate in business administration or a related field and/or relevant work experience.
* Proficient Microsoft skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients, visitors and fellow team members, exhibiting diplomacy and tact.
* Understand the importance of prompt, courteous response to all calls.
* Cheerful, professional manner and presentation, both in person and on the telephone.
* Extremely punctual and dependable.
* Flexible, can-do attitude (willingness to pitch in and do any of the odd jobs that keep the office running).
* Ability to work with limited supervision; be self-motivated.
* Superior verbal communication ability is essential.
* Excellent organizational skills.
Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional role within a highly demanding office environment.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.