|Job Ref:||2016-12483||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Victoria||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12483
Area of Interest: EN - Construction Materials, Testing and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Certificate
Posted Date: 9/26/2016
Experience (Years): 0
Golder Associates is seeking a Junior Geotechnical Technologist/Technician to join their Lab and Field Services team as part of their Vancouver Island Operations in the Victoria location. As a Junior technician, you will work with junior to senior geotechnical colleagues on a variety of projects, with particular emphasis on material testing services, geotechnical and foundations engineering for mining projects.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Field monitoring/testing of various construction materials, and
* Laboratory testing, and reporting.
* Civil/Geotechnical Engineering Technician/Technologist Diploma or Degree.
* Minimum of one year of construction monitoring, materials testing and geotechnical engineering experience is preferred.
* Extensive field experience in concrete, earthworks, with a strong focus on site foundation inspections, drilling supervision, dam construction, etc.
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), including proven capabilities in writing geotechnical reports and technical communications.
* ASTTBC designation (preferred).
* Lab testing and/or materials type testing an asset.
* Strong team player - ability to work within all levels of an organization.
* Detail oriented with emphasis on quality of work.
* Excellent computer skills in Word/Excel/Adobe programs.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest. Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.