|Job Ref:||SAU00003||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Sault Ste Marie||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our office in Sault Ste. Marie is looking for a Junior Civil/Environmental Technologist to join the Environment Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting project teams, both in the office and in the field, on projects associated with environmental due diligence, environmental compliance, environmental remediation, and construction oversight potentially involving environmental, civil, and geotechnical disciplines
• Assisting with the development of project health and safety documents, environmental reports and correspondence, client proposals, vendor safety approvals, purchase orders, and vendor invoicing
• Completing field sampling programs including, but not limited to, drilling, test pitting, confirmatory soil sampling, groundwater and surface water sampling, air quality sampling, source testing, and designated substances and hazardous materials sampling
• Assist with emergency response work for clients, which may include train derailments, pipeline releases, trucking accidents, chemical spills, etc.
• Assist in the operation, maintenance, and calibration of various sampling equipment
• Collecting and managing environmental samples and associated field data, with an emphasis on Quality Assurance/Quality Control
• Provide contractor oversight and support for environmental, civil, and geotechnical projects
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
• Graduated from an accredited college program as a Technologist
• Civil/Environmental Technologist diploma preferred
• OACETT Certification would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
• Excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital to this role in order to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of H&S practices on industrial and construction sites
• Self-starter, flexile, team player and willing to work on a wide variety of tasks
• Previous field experience, in a demanding/fast paced environment, would be considered an asset
• Intermediate use of MS Office is a requirement
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout Northern Ontario to undertake field work is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and
lifting up to 50lbs)
• Must have a valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.