WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff's Portland, OR office is seeking a SCADA Communications Engineer. This candidate will have the opportunity to work on such projects as:
• Extensions for Los Angeles Metro
• California High Speed Rail
• Trimet Light Rail Tunnel in Portland
• Sound Transit Light Rail Extensions
• Proficiency in design related to transportation infrastructure including transit stations, tunnels, movable and fixed bridges, roadways, rail and marine facilities.
• Some industrial or specialized facility engineering may meet part of this requirement.
• Preparation of engineering design plans and associated calculations, specifications and engineering reports for projects and other WSP | PB offices.
• The position requires a desire and ability to work in a team environment on challenging projects, some of which will be in multi-office projects.
• The successful candidate shall demonstrate proficiency in technically challenging assignments and shall be capable of planning and conducting engineering tasks requiring independent judgment and intelligent review of code requirements prior to adaptation of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an Accreditation for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university
• Understanding of communication systems including switches, routers, fiber optic and CAT 5/6 hardware/software application and configuration
• Control system design or evaluation with knowledge of ladder logic, relays, limit switches and building systems
• Understanding of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of NFPA 130 Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems and or NFPA 502 Standard for Road Tunnels, Bridges, and Other Limited Access Highways
• Engineer In Training (EIT)
• Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
The selected candidate must have the ability to immediately work in the United States.
Considering local candidates only
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation