About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We are currently seeking a Regional Engineering Manager to build and lead our Southern California Highway practice. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who can lead people, manage projects and build strong client relationships; a self-starter, who can set strategy and achieve results. Opportunities exist to work in collaboration with other managers in other offices, regions, and markets to achieve WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff's overall financial and market success. Responsibilities include:
• Serving as a PM on major projects
• Leading project pursuits and preparing proposals
• Preparing, Managing and/or Reviewing highway planning and construction documents including Project Study Reports, Project Reports, Environmental Studies, Plans, Specifications and Estimates
• Leading a multidiscipline project team and providing direction and guidance to staff
• Recruiting and hiring key staff to expand and grow the highway practice in Southern California.
• Creating a collaborative environment that fosters growth and mentoring of staff
• Working as a trusted advisor to clients to solve complex transportation issues.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 20 years of experience and knowledge in all phases of the highway and transportation market with a strong track record of winning and delivering transportation projects.
• Experience with Caltrans D7, Metro, or City of LA and working relationships
• Requires strong management aptitude, strategic thinking and planning abilities, and a high level of client relation and presentation skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong client relationship abilities as well as strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have recent experience with cities, counties, Caltrans and Southern California transportation agencies.
• Proven track record of delivering projects ranging from $1 million to $50 million plus.
• Broad knowledge of design and management of major highway/bridge projects.
• Ability to work in the US immediately required.
• This position required a bachelor's degree in engineering, planning or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Professional license required.