This post has the responsibility to ensure delivery of part of the Project detailed design engineering activities for the life cycle of the contract in accordance with the overall Project schedule. This post will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the role of Project Manager is to support the Responsible Designer (RD) Contract Project Manager to successfully manage the RD Contract and ensure that the engineering is delivered safely to cost, schedule and quality.
Other responsibilities of the Project Manager include;
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the Project strategies within the delivery of the contract
- Drive the delivery of the contract and associated activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements
- Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with associated reports Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contract.
- Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget and escalate any issues
- Management and progress monitoring of surveillance activities of RD deliverables and activities
- Managing the interface with the RD (DIPNN) contract management team and engineersIdentifying and coordinating the involvement of multiple stakeholders, including project management, document management and technical teams
- Regular reporting of progress and issues (KPI)Working closely with all members of the contract management team, in particular commercial, project controls and engineering leads.
The Project Managers will be required in addition;
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders ensuring that their expectations are met wherever possible
- To ensure that work is carried out in line with Health and Safety, Schedule and Quality Assurance requirements
- To be a role model and demonstrate the highest standards of focus on nuclear professionalism and safety.
- Previous experience in Project Management or Project Engineering on large or complex engineering or construction projects and membership of a relevant professional body
- Excellent organisation and communication skills in addition to proven ability of leadership roles of multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including CDM legislation and nuclear site licence requirements in relation to power station design
- Ability to build strong working relationships with and effectively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience in working with NEC contracts, ability to escalate issues for resolution and experience of budget and commercial controls
Note: this job advert is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities and activities that the job holder may be required