Senior/Project Design Manager - Monmouthshire
Edge Careers' client are a Top 5 Main Contractor and a leading player in the current construction market. This position focuses on Education and Health projects up to the values of £100 million.
- Manage the design process during the tender stage
- Attend prequalification interviews and presentations as required
- Agree the tender information required schedule with the bid team
- Chair design development meetings during the tender process
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates
- Review Sub contractor design proposals
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline)
- Commercial awareness
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Oliver Smith at Edge Careers.