|Job Ref:||118972GGA||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||England||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 20:19|
Our client is a global leader in the world of rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies.|
The company employs approximately 2,000 people at over 20 different locations in the UK & Ireland. They are a major supplier & maintainer of tramways, main line trains, metro cars, electrical renovation & signalling systems.
Purpose of the job;
Lead the Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) team to effectively control and manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Expenses functions ensuring that all of our clients policies and procedures are followed.
Manage the following relationships:
- Suppliers and the businesses in respect of Accounts Payable and payment processes.
- Finance and other departments within the businesses in respect of ledger and payment processes.
- Customers and the business for Accounts Receivable processes.
- Employees and the Expenses team for Expenses processes.
- FSSC and the Tax department for all FSSC tax matters.
Main duties and responsibilities will include;
Co-ordinate and manage all FSSC ledger activities across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Expenses, making and implementing recommendations regarding resource allocation and prioritising work within the team.
Manage the FSSC team and team leaders in an effective way to ensure the work is completed in an efficient and timely manner whilst ensuring that company policy and procedures are followed.
Monitor and report FSSC KPI's delivering performance improvement and accountability.
Identify and implement process improvements and seek to standardise processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
Deliver automation of manual processes, working alongside FSSC Projects Manager.
Ensure that all processes documentation is accurately maintained and updated, meeting the companies internal control requirements.
Ensure that all UK Tax treatment for AP; AR and Expenses is accurately processed and recorded.
Build good working relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are performed on a regular basis addressing any outstanding items.
Analyse and reconcile Inter Company Statements on a regular basis.
Ensure that all customer invoices are raised in a timely manner, promptly followed up, and subsequent due debts are chased to facilitate low levels of aged debt.
Ensure that the Good Received Invoice Received (Goods Received Not Invoiced) accounts are managed and reconciled on a monthly basis.
Manage and appraise the FSSC ledger clerks and team leaders.
Ensure that expense reports are processed accurately in a timely manner.
Ensure that payment runs are processed accurately and in a timely manner as per weekly schedule.
Perform any ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Previous experience of leadership and line management of between 5-10 years in a Shared Services role
- Excellent knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Expense processing.
- Experience of managing change and the ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Thorough working knowledge of the application UK Tax treatment in AP/AR and Expenses processes
- Experience ERP; AP & AR systems with well-developed excel skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and works effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a medium size team, monitor and challenge performance.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) at all levels.
- The desire to challenge the status quo and deliver substantial improvements.
- A good background with SAP would be an advantage.
- Experience with Basware & Kofax for the DIP would also be beneficial.
- This role offers an initial 6 month contract however it could become temporary to permanent.