Branch Sales Assistant|
Based in Enfield, North London
Contract initially for 6 months, after this period the role will be reviewed with the possibility of leading to a permanent position
Main responsibilities of the role include:
Skills and Qualifications required:
- To assist and support the manager and other team members in achieving branch sales and profit targets at all times.
- To ensure that all customer requirements are met and give a complete sales and after sales service to new and existing customers and provide excellence in service at all times.
- To generate new business and to promote the Company's services and products.
- To observe and comply with the Company's administration policy.
- To be fully conversant with cash/cheque sales procedures and the completion of the paperwork.
- To ensure a professional image is maintained, in line with company procedure for wearing staff uniform and by way of conduct to act as an ambassador of the company at all times.
- To ensure the office and trade counter areas are kept tidy and represent a professional image at all times.
- To have a working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word & Excel.
- To ensure all orders are picked, packed and completed correctly and any special instructions adhered to.
- To deal with all customer orders, provide pricing and product information and take ownership to resolve queries, in an efficient and timely manner.
- To promote and provide information to the customer base of all services and products available at every given opportunity.
- To assist and take part in any branch/company sales activities or promotions.
- To work with the sales executives in order to assist to achieve branch targets.
- To assist in maintaining the branch customer database and contract pricing updates.
- To know and follow the procedures for dealing with returned items, credits and faulty items.
- To ensure that we exceed customer service levels and observe best practice at all times.
- To ensure all customer complaints are brought to the attention of the Branch Manager.
- To be aware of the Company's Health & Safety policy and to be responsible for adhering to all procedures.
- To carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected by the Company.
To apply for this position, please send your CV.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate clearly to both colleagues and customers.
- Experience in a sales and distribution customer service or similar role.
- Team player.
- Well organized - able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Self motivated.
- A positive 'can do' attitude / approach.
- Ability to make Proactive outbound sales calls, and communicate and assist in promotional activity on a daily basis.
- Used to working to and being judged against targets.
- Ability to learn/gain knowledge of the company's key product lines in a timely fashion
- IT literate basic knowledge - MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and SAP.
- Clear understanding of profit and margins.
- Clear understanding of excellence in customer service and be able to exceed this at all times.
- Ability to support and drive marketing initiatives and seek new opportunities to build sales and profit.