Morson International are currently looking to recruit an Interim Head of MRO and Head of Site for one of our Military/Defence clients based in Wareham, Dorset. This role is contract for around 3-6 months.|
This is a full time role reporting to the Operations Director. The Head of Site will be responsible for the scheduled delivery of all MRO outputs including specific programmes across the Client site. In conjunction with the other Head of MRO, they will be responsible for the coordinated delivery of other MRO activities on site. They will be responsible for ensuring that relevant KPIs are being met or exceeded. They will be an exemplar for safe working and act as a champion for all health and safety activities within all relevant service categories.
Applicants will ideally have the following knowledge:
- Lead MRO activities across the Client site; ensure there is a consistent approach to this activity in terms of planning, engineering activity, engineering assurance, labour utilisation etc.
- Develop and manage a relationship with the senior customer at Armour Centre, and ensure that there is seamless delivery of support to the military customer.
- In conjunction with the Head of Planning, oversee the planning activity for all MRO activities ensuring priorities are understood and embedded within the agreed production plan.
- Develop close working relationships at site / unit level with the Army customer and with relevant Project Teams to ensure joint planning, resolution of issues where they arise;
- Safe Working - Develop a culture of safe working; assist in the development of new HSE programmes that will deliver demonstrable improvement in accident rates and Near Miss Reporting. Lead implementation of HSE LENS assessments across all Client operations sites.
- Service Delivery - Ensure relevant services are delivered to a standard that meets or exceeds that demanded in the KPIs, Schedule 25 of the SPC.
- Achieve or exceed in year budget targets for Client.
- Business Process Re-Engineering - Implement the Leaning Plan on time as agreed in coordination with other transformation activities.
- Develop additional opportunities (both defence and non-defence) to grow the MRO activity
- Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of Employment Rules
- HSE qualification (management level); NEBOSH, IOSH Managing Safety
- Understanding of collaborative working and activities that will support the attainment of BS 11000
- 5 / 6 S Practical experience