Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Mainframe Developer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Position Functions or Responsibilities: Role description:
- Design, develop, test and implement mainframe application components by following proper development standards
- Ability to translate business requirements into design specifications and code using mainframe skills
- Accurately understand the scope and complexity of the proposed enhancements and be able to communicate clearly to the stakeholders
- Advanced technical analysis and performance tuning of applications
- Collaborate with other management team members to share approaches, develop solutions, and improve capabilities to successfully deliver projects
- Participate in requirements gathering and scope estimation meetings
- Primary point of contact for development team to the project manager, lead systems analyst and QA lead
- Accountable for ensuring assigned development work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time
- Responsible for Technical Systems Design (TSD) document delivery and reviewing all project artifacts including requirements (SRA) and functional specifications (SDS)
- Continually improve quality of development team deliverables
- Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively
- Debug and fix production issues caused by code-changes
Technical - Core Skills - Mid-to-Expert level experience in one or more of the following:
- Development using mainframe technologies like COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 and VSAM
- Mainframe file management features
- Source control & configuration management tools such as Endevor
- Debugging tools like Intertest and Xpeditor
Technical - Core Skills - Capable of the following:
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology using SCRUM or KANBAN principles.
- Knowledgeable on scheduling services such as CTRL-M.
- Using DB2 tools like CA Platinum, SPUFI and/or tools with similar features.
- Ability to analysis scenarios and determine the best options.
Technical - Assets:
- Using automation to improve the analysis and development process.
- Exposure to scripting language such as REXX, Eztrieve.
- Full-Stack development technologies: Java, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Experience working in the financial services industry or brokerage industry building applications across multiple platforms (mainframe and distributed).
- Knowledge of equity compensation processing and record keeping systems.
- Experience in working on financial services applications, specifically around restricted stock grant, vesting and distribution processing and reporting.
- Experience in platform modernization
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
- 5 years of programming in Cobol, CICS and DB2 in an Agile environment
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed