|Job Ref:||EMP375568||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Highways & Transport||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Up to £45,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:30|
Our client a Local Authority in London is looking for a Principal Engineer to join the Highways team. The borough has some of the biggest and most exciting projects in London.|
Experience dealing with responsive maintenance, asset management and public lighting services
Overall Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the delivery of highway asset management, responsive maintenance and public lighting planning, within the Highways & Traffic Group of Community and Environment.
To manage a team of professional and technical staff including directly employed staff, agency staff and internal/external contractors, in the delivery of these services.
1. reports to the Head of Commissioning (Highways & Traffic).
2. will lead on responsive maintenance, asset management, public lighting services, winter maintenance and highway insurance claims.
3. has line management responsibility for a team of professional and technical staff of around 8 FTE, as well as internal and external contractors and agency staff working on behalf of the Highways & Traffic Group.
4. has responsibility for the management of capital and revenue programme line budgets.
5. may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements.
Relevant academic qualifications at degree level or equivalent
Relevant professional qualification for chartered status or equivalent in an appropriate Institution