AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS,a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which, will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.|
Join AQUILA as a Ground Radio Manager where you will be responsible for managing and controlling the Ground Radio Section manpower and resources to achieve the Temporary Technical Service and specified Technical Service availability targets for their unit and for all satellite units under their command
The Ground Radio Manager will also ensure that all Air Traffic Management assets are maintained in accordance with the relevant procedures and that safety is at the forefront of all activities.
The position will be based at Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton in Yeovil.
Job description responsibilities:
- Ensure that planned preventive maintenance activities on all Air Traffic Management Temporary Technical Services electronic equipment installed Yeovilton and its satellite units, are completed
- Ensure that corrective maintenance activities on all Air Traffic Management Temporary Technical Services electronic equipment installed at Yeovilton and its satellite units, are completed
- Maintain clear and accurate legal records and competency ratings for all activities and incidents which affect the operation in accordance with the Aquila Management System.
- Fully brief and supervise contractors ensuring their compliance with the Aquila Management System.
- Conduct post incident procedures to aid the provision of Incident Reports in the event of a safety related incident.
- Ensure that all Brownfield and enduring assets, plus specified Greenfield assets, are maintained in accordance with the relevant Support Policy Statements and Maintenance Manuals in accordance with AP600 and Aquila Maintenance Procedures where applicable
- Ensure H&S requirements are met and adhered to under all circumstances
- Be personally responsible for delivering a safe service in all facets of the role in line with the requirements of the Aquila SMS, Quality and Environmental Management systems
- Knowledge of the tasking mechanism to ensure the correct steps are followed and also to ensure that all necessary documentation is completed accurately
- Maintain an on-going dialogue with the Operations Manager, and promptly alert to any significant risk or change to relationships with the customer or internal stakeholders
- Ensure the maintenance of excellent customer relations throughout the service delivery transition period
- Support the Operations Manager and other colleagues in the fulfilment of their responsibilities and contribute to the general realisation of success by the company
- Ensure that Risk Assessments, Manual Handling Assessments and Display Screen Assessments are raised and maintained within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that all Fuels and Lubricants used are stored correctly and have COSHH assessments and Data Sheets raised and maintained within their area of responsibility
- Complete and record Annual Activity Discussions (AAD) with each member of their staff
- Liaison with SATCO, DSATCO, Aquila Service Desk, Engineering Role Office and other outside agencies as required
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of the Military Air Traffic Engineering field
- Electronic engineering operations experience within Air Traffic Management environment
- Must be able to prioritise under pressure, be technically competent to work on a wide range of equipment and have a logical approach to problem solving
- Must pass CP2 colour vision test
- Achieve and maintain SC Security Clearance Level
- Previous experience working on Military programmes within a technical environment
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) regulations
- Ex-Military Air Traffic Maintenance experience at SNCO/Senior Rate level
- Knowledge and understanding of AP600 to ensure all assets are maintained to the Authorities requirements