|Job Ref:||TISC-SEVS01212968||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Sweden||City:||Västerås||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 22:04|
With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centres, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry. |
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. While offering the broadest portfolio in rail industry, our 39.700 employees are highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
If you are an international profile and you have a good idea that might shape how people move around the world, apply now for our exciting Logistics & Production Developer role.
The position will be located in Västerås, Sweden, in our business unit Internal Supply Chain - Propulsion, working at our industrialisation and lead factory for medium power propulsion equipment assembly.
Purpose of the job
As Logistics & Production Developer at our launch/lead factory in Västerås, you are central for shaping and realising our Operations strategy. As the owner of our factory level production and logistics concept, you develop improved ways of working with both local impact and global reach within our production network. You will act as an advisor to the Operations Management Team by suggesting strategic changes with business impact, and translate given visions into realization plans. You lead strategic/tactical development projects from initiation to implementation, driving performance improvements on quality, cash/inventory, flexibility, productivity and cost.
You ensure that our production and logistics set-ups are mutually reinforcing as well as maintain a holistic view of material and product flows through the factory, initiate relevant measuring points and data analysis to improve them and maximize their share of value adding activities (adhering to lean principles).
Your work spans across both logistics and production, but we would especially value you bringing expertise and experience from internal logistics to complement our current team.
• Own and develop factory level production and logistics concept to meet future customer demands and KPI targets (e.g. including improving processes, tooling, fixtures and layouts as required).
• Act as an advisor to Operations Management Team and propose strategic improvements for long-term competitiveness.
• Base your recommendations on benchmarked performance, new industrial solutions, IT-development and knowledge development within relevant academic fields.
• Lead larger business improvement projects within Operations Västerås, with global business impact. This includes planning, cost control and coordination. Examples include throughput time reduction, factory digitalisation and automation feasibility studies.
• Support site development initiatives of our partner factories relating to production and logistics concept including layout development as well as Operations performance optimisation. Perform thereto relevant training/coaching of partner site.
• Optimize and improve overall material and product flows through the entire factory (assembly, test and logistics). Support bottleneck and vale stream mapping activities. Plan ahead to adapt layout and initiate capacity adjustments based on product life cycle and demand changes, known and potential orders.
• Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or similar.
• Relevant previous experience minimum 3 to 5 years of strategic/tactical development of production and logistics. A profile with at least 3 years Internal Logistics development experience from an assembly production environment would be preferred.
• Good understanding of production, planning and logistics processes/principles and their interrelationships.
• Broad knowledge of best practices in industrial processes and production/logistics concepts. Advanced Lean Manufacturing Knowledge.
• Proven leadership skills from development projects (including leading change implementation as well as project budgeting and return on investment calculations).
• Previous experience from working in a multinational environment with international teams.
• Excellent communication skills, analytical thinking, strategical mindset and problem solving skills.
• Self-driven, proactive person; passionate about driving change with bottom-line results focus.
• Fluent English is mandatory, Swedish language is desirable.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: company website