We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life-safety protection is absolutely vital – from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings and government facilities.
This position is responsible for identifying, promoting and selling SimplexGrinnell products/services and is accountable for monthly and annual sales goals for the assigned territory.
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of Company product offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type, qualify and prioritize opportunities, and maintain appropriate territory records. Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop technical applications/installation of Building Systems products.
- Establish and maintain consultative relationships with electrical engineers.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale.
- Estimate electrical installation and other project costs as part of the proposal delivery process.
- Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within an assigned territory to develop new applications
- Provide sales forecasting for assigned territory and complete other administrative duties as required.
- Participate at trade shows, special product demonstrations, and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the Company’s image. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life-safety protection is absolutely vital – from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings and government facilities.
- B.S.-E.E. or related degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Preferred three or more year’s successful sales experience with fire alarm, security, communications and other building/life safety systems.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, bid markets and blueprints.
- Proficiency with computer/applications software and Internet tools is required.
- Must possess professional oral and written communication skills and sales techniques, solid presentation skills and closing techniques.
- Must be a self-motivator with good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of local codes or experience with code related projects.
Only candidates with minimum qualifications will be considered.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer