Working within a complex customer and/or client and strong account management environment, the Strategic Account Support Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of Sales Management and/or the designated National Account Manager(s) (NAM), is responsible for maintaining strong relationships, delivering superior customer service, developing and expanding existing or target customer(s) and as required, initiating and completing sales of Johnson Controls products and services, while providing support to the designated NAM in his/her sales efforts. Typically works with and supports one to three SAMs/NAMs who manage larger existing Strategic/National Accounts. As required, the incumbent will make contributions to the strategic business plan for assigned customers and with account leadership will implement the strategic and tactical initiatives, vision and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within a complex customer/client and strong account management environment, the Strategic Account Support Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of Sales Management and/or the designated National Account Manager(s) (“Nam’s”), is responsible for maintaining strong relationships, delivering consistent superior customer service, developing and expanding existing or target customer(s).
- Personally contacts assigned customers in person and by phone, to establish and maintain a high level of quality and timely service for maximum retention.
- Under the direction of Sales Management and/or the National Account Manager, initiates and completes sales of Johnson Controls products and services while providing support to the designated National Account Manager in his/her sales efforts for the target account(s).
- In collaboration with Sales Management and the designated National Account Manager, develops and implements account penetration plans and activities to achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan. Plan is to include but is not limited to, customer parent-child relationships; current state of account- issues/pain points; current solutions, technologies and products as well as opportunities for new service offerings; and competitor activities.
- Develops and expands existing or target Strategic Customer(s) for assigned accounts and or geographical areas.
- Targets to spend 25% of time prospecting for new accounts.
- 4-Year College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales of electronic security or related equipment or high level sales support within a complex sales and account management environment. Demonstrated strategic and/or tactical business planning.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level and industry/segment professional organizations both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management, and opportunity analyses.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls organizations.
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of sales to the applicable vertical market customer(s).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.