Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
Operation Technician– SimplexGrinnell (Indianapolis, IN)
About the role:
Rewards and benefits:
- Service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building access control and sound intercom systems.
- Install, repair and alter electrical systems for all locations.
- Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
- Wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
- Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts.
- Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels.
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
- Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems.
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3 years of experience in interior and exterior wiring and the repair of electrical equipment and appliances.
- NICET certification preferred.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills.
- Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
- Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
- Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening) required.