The MOP Validation Technician will primarily be responsible for completing Engineering Assessments to evaluate and verify the Maximum Operating Pressure (MOP) of high stress pipeline systems in client and affiliate franchise areas. The successful candidate is responsible for searching, retrieving, sorting, analyzing and categorizing physical and electronic records, as well as, identifying where/when duplicate records exist so that de-duplicate and disposition action can be taken by others. An integral part of the continuous improvement cycle of the program, the Validation Technician is expected to identify efficiency and effectiveness enhancements. |
The successful candidate will verify and sustain pipeline operating limits by completing the following activities under the supervision of a NA Analyst.
This is a 1-yearcontract opportunity, with strong possibility for extension, starting January 2017 and ending December 2017.
- Performing engineering calculations on all components in existing and proposed pipeline installations to ensure pipelines are qualified to operate within material design and stress limitations, by applying knowledge of stress analysis, fluid mechanics, metallurgy, welding, or corrosion
- Assessing pipeline installation and maintenance records to collect and evaluate critical asset and condition information
- Consulting codes and standards pertaining to the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of gas pipeline systems, in particular CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
- Preparing and updating technical reports to document activities and decisions relating to engineering assessments
- Preparing field verification work packages to issue to field Operations, per the assessment methodology, to obtain additional material information and create verifiable, traceable, and complete asset records for all components in the pipeline system
- Developing and sustaining the MOP assessment methodology according to applicable codes, engineering principles, Company procedures, and industry best practices
- Determining and implementing new and existing Company policies, practices, and procedures which may affect the governance and control areas of the Company specific to design, construction, planning, maintenance or records keeping
- Work with the MOP Project Records Coordinator to retrieve physical records from on-site storage and complete requests for retrieval from off-site locations
- Pre-process of documents for further analysis or imaging
- Review, analyze and sort records based on specific research criteria
- Enter descriptive and other metadata before storing/archiving electronic records
- Maintain records research tracking sheets of work completed
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure integrity of documents, electronic Images, and/or records metadata
- Identify improvements in processes, systems, technology and procedures
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- High level of oral and written communications skills are required for writing technical documents, responding to inquiries, and presenting issues to a variety of audiences
- Co-ordination of multiple projects requires effective organizational skills, results orientation, innovative problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to work on project teams.
- Must be able to quickly understand the impacts of technical and operational issues and provide a safe, thorough, and correct response to inquiries
- CET or equivalent
- Preference will be given to graduates of recognized Engineering programs in a discipline of Civil, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with eligibility to participate in the EIT program of Professional Engineers Ontario
- Experience in any / all of the following areas:
- Gas distribution
- Pipe design
- Construction practices
- Field operations
- Technical records management
- Previous experience using computer systems to manage data, records and information is required
- Experience reading technical & engineering drawings is required
- Experience of drafting, mapping & data collection methods in the natural gas industry is preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, construction asbuilts and technical records
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to efficiently proof read documents
- Ability to work in a process based environment with high work volumes and transactions
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute task objectives required
- Software knowledge preferred: Bentley Digital InterPlot, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Intergraph G/Technology, Bentley MicroStation
- Strong computer skills required - Hardware & Peripherals, Relational Database, Drafting (CAD) and Mapping (GIS)
- Must be able to lift and maneuver standard records retention boxes in the 10 to 20 kg range
Date Req Created
Contract Start Date
Contract End Date
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.