|Job Ref:||GF23||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£ 25,000 - £ 35,000 per year||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:23|
Are you a General Foreman looking to progress in your career? Our Client is looking for a talented General Foreman to work within their Highways Team.|
Based in Derby, this role is within our Highways division to work on Local Authority Highway schemes. My Client currently have a significant pipeline of work within both the Buckinghamshire region and the East Midlands (Grantham & Derby) with project values ranging from £6m-£15m. It is part of the business that is growing at a incredible rate and is fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their career.
* Competitive Salary
* Company Car / Car Allowance
* Share Save Share
Experience and Qualifications:
* Considerable experience of site management within Highways and Civil Engineering required
* Thorough understanding of NEC / Target Cost Reimbursable and bespoke Framework Forms of contracts
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to forge excellent working relationships
* Effective manager of change
* Responsible for delivery of Highway Maintenance Schemes within the business unit including Health and Safety, Financial and Quality
* Ensure site teams have the relevant / trained resource maintained to provide service of best in class Highways contractor
* Ensure the contract programme is prepared prior to commencement, reviewed and updated in line with the contract requirements for all schemes and issued to the client
* Manage the contract administration on Framework schemes, cost analysis and cost/value forecasts for monthly reconciliation and produce cost plan for review by the Construction Manager
* Liaison with internal and external customers, and to give technical advice and guidance
* Post contract, organise and co-ordinate the undertaking of maintenance work aswell as co-ordinating and controlling the initial set up including installing Company systems and procedures
* Work closely with the site Quantity surveyor to ensure valuations are submitted on time, ensuring the valuation is maximised
* Keeping to time and cost and meeting regulatory requirements
* Manage Claims, Site instructions, Variation Orders and Interim and Final Valuations (managing accruals/forecasts)
* Preparation of risk assessments, COSHH assessments and safety plans
* Identification and assessment of site or task specific risk assessments formulation of safe methods of working
* Maintain the culture whereby everyone is continually seeking to satisfy customer requirements Ensure systems are in place in order that quality of work is to the prescribed standards
* Maintain and enforce compliance with the current safety legislation and the Company's Health and Safety Policy
* Appraise the risk to all company property under your control and install security levels commensurate to the relative values
If you fit this criteria, Don't waste time and apply today!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.