Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To manage, plan and control all works within areas of responsibility in order to meet all obligations to the client as outlined in the site specific schedule of works and ensure delivery is in line with contractual obligations and Interserve strategies, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the management of the maintenance team. Ensure statutory compliance and provide support to ensure a high level of statutory compliance.
- Responsible for the people management of direct reports and all staff on site including annual appraisals and reviews.
- Overall responsibility for building & maintenance budgets including capital spend and ad hoc projects and achievement of project delivery to deadline.
- Operate as the subject matter expert in relation to building fabric, capital projects and the delivery of maintenance activities.
- Management, mentoring and development of all technical staff supporting maintenance activities.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance administrative structure.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance resource structure.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance stores system.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance planning system.
- To develop and implement an effective asset life management system.
- To develop and implement an effective project management system.
- To implement an effective document control system.
- To develop and implement a suitable energy management system, specifically: Implement and maintain a suitable, cost effective energy monitoring system.
- Monthly Utility Consumption Reporting.
- Monthly Utility Cost Reports.
- Implementation of Energy Reduction programmes.
- Use of Energy Wardens.
- To fully support, and meet all company environmental and quality requirements.
- To manage an effective C.M.M.S. System to support all maintenance and project functions.
- To control and operate within a Client driven budget.
- To deliver an effective maintenance audit regime.
- To comply fully with all current UK and European Health & Safety Environmental Legislation.
- To comply fully with all Interserve and client Safe Systems of Work, Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Preparation of budgets, client and internal reports and audits.
- Delivery of training and awareness to technical and non-technical staff as necessary.
- Attend client meetings as necessary.
- Active monitoring and rectification time in line with KPI and performance levels.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Proven managerial track record.
- Experience in computerised PPM.
- Experience of the co-ordination of all maintenance in relation to the Building Services including building fabric and structure using internal and external resources.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems.
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills, with experience of managing multi-skilled engineering teams.
- Experience in Life Cycle Planning/Costing.
- Experience in successfully managing both in-house and sub-contracts within agreed financial and time constraints.
- Experience in minor design and preparation of as fitted drawings.
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance and current legislation, regulations and standards, with experience of managing a sites statutory compliance.
- Management of Building Services: demonstrate organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met. Good client and contractor management skills and a sound knowledge of Health & Safety Management will be a prerequisite.
- Management of people issues - Demonstrates that safety is paramount in all business operations and maintains well being of employees.
- Understand and apply appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations whilst applying appropriate recruitment, reward and disciplinary processes and procedures (grievances, absences, etc).
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Communication skills - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
- Operating with integrity Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others, demonstrating a fully responsive and co-operative manner in order to deliver the highest level of internal and external service.
- Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Excellent leadership and motivational people management skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and forward plan to avoid incidents or issues.
- Good commercial and financial acumen and clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and the ability work openly and collaboratively with all members of staff to maximise team work and morale.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Qualified to a degree level/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- NEBOSH or other Health and Safety qualification desirable.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.