Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To undertake the end to end coordination of customer bid activity, including the identification of bid opportunities, the coordination and administration of all project and stakeholder management activity, production of high quality written responses to bid opportunities (if required), submission of opportunities and other support to the Business Development teams responsible for bids.
The purpose of this function is to provide end to end programme management for all bids undertaken by the Central and Commercial Business Development Teams. This will entail all steps of the bid process, from identifying opportunities to pursue to completing bid submissions.
Structure & Resources
- To fully programme manage bid activity on behalf of Business Development teams, including initial prospect identification, bid development, final bid document submission, bid award and (if appropriate) handover to mobilisation.
- To monitor journals, websites and publications for potential bid prospects. To monitor and receive enquiries from clients, potential clients and consultants.
- To record all these potential prospects on the relevant systems used by Business Development.
- To consult with respective Heads of Business Development and Business Development Managers on opportunities, co-ordinate tender document production, formatting and submission, T39 production and achieve successful submissions.
- To produce text responses and content for pre-qualification questionnaires, requests for information and requests for proposal as appropriate.
- Onward development and ownership of text material and visuals by subject matter in support of proposition and key selling messages.
- Update systems on business development activity, and coordinate the running of standard bid SharePoint sites, including all programme updates and document version control.
- To ensure that all enquiries, opportunities and relationships with clients and consultants are recorded and managed through the CRM and other systems as appropriate.
- Two Bid Programme Management Leads, with line management of 10 Bid Programme Managers.
- Reporting into the Head of Business Support.
- Bid Programme Managers will be aligned Business Development sectors, allowing for expertise in sectors to be developed. However, a period rotation will also be enforced to avoid entrenchment.
- Team will operate a set of standard (but flexible) processes and tools, preferably using a suite of IT tools developed by the Systems Lead.
What we are looking for
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- A Level qualifications
- Market sector knowledge
- Project or programme management experience
- Team management skills
- Use of standard Microsoft Office suite
- Use of SharePoint
- Ideally professional bid writing qualification preferred
- Previous experience and demonstrated strength in written and oral communication
- Clear effective communication style and experience
- A good comprehension of professional programme management is required.
- A reasonable to intermediate understanding of process management is required.
- A thoroughly adept communicator, with the ability to convey complex concepts in simple language.
- Personable and empathetic, with the ability to engage with managers at all levels within the organisation.
- Technically minded, with the ability to rapidly deploy information technology to solve operational constraints.
- Process oriented, with the understanding that most business problems can be analysed through understanding business process.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Quality orientation - e.g. Shows awareness of goals & standards. Follows through to ensure that quality & productivity standards are met.
- Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Planning and organising - Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans.
- Specialist knowledge - Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge.
- Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently & in a compelling manner to both individuals & groups.
- Written communication - Writes in a clear & concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
The role holder will be involved in prequalification, bid and T39 sign off. Operating across multiple business units but reporting to central Business Development. No direct budget responsibility and no spend authority.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.